Configuring code signing in Visual Studio ⚓
You can specify the code signing configuration for your Xamarin Android project by creating a signed APK in Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Double click on your Xamarin Android project to open Project Options.
- Select the Android Package Signing in Build group.
- Select your configuration and platform in Configuration - Platform.
- Check the Sign .APK file using the following keystore details.
- Fill out the signing information.
Using the same keystore path locally and on bitrise.io for Xamarin Android ⚓
You can not use Environment Variables in your keystore path in your Xamarin project! The keystore path has to be relative to the folder of your Xamarin Android project. You can also use an absolute path.
You can use the same path on your local machine and on bitrise.io by putting your keystore into your repository.
Since your keystore is gitignored, you have to upload your keystore to the GENERIC FILE STORAGE of Bitrise and download it to the same location in the build.
- On the Dashboard select your app.
- Click the Workflow tab to open the Workflow Editor.
- Click Code signing.
- Scroll down to the GENERIC FILE STORAGE field.
Type your Environment Variable name here in the first field. In our example, we use
Upload your keystore file in the Upload file field.
Your Environment Variable (for example,
$BITRISEIO_XAMARIN_KEYSTORE_URL) will be automatically available with the download URL of your keystore file.
- Navigate back to your workflow.
- Insert the File Downloader Step before the Xamarin Archive Step. The File Downloader Step will get a Download source url input.
- Type your Environment Variable, for example,
$BITRISEIO_XAMARIN_KEYSTORE_URLin the Download source url field.
- Set your keystore path in the Download destination path.
You can upload, update, list, and delete iOS code signing files with the relevant Bitrise API. In this guide we show you how and in what order to use those...
You can manually specify the code signing configuration in your Gradle configuration so that your app gets signed during the build process.
Before you distribute your app through Google Play Store, your APK file must be digitally signed. Find out the different ways of signing your Android app on Bitrise.