Deploy an app to Bitrise to be able to download the .ipa file and install it on devices specified in the app’s Development Provisioning Profile. This way, your internal testers can easily test the app.
Before you start ⚓
Make sure that you have:
- generated an .ipa file locally, on your own machine, at least once
- uploaded all the Developer certificates that are included in the provisioning profile to Bitrise
- uploaded the app’s Development Provisioning Profile if you want to use manual provisioning on Bitrise
- registered your testers’ devices on Bitrise if you want to install the app from Bitrise, or from the notification email we’ll send out
Deploying the app ⚓
Make sure the
Certificate and profile installerStep or the
iOS Auto ProvisionStep is in your workflow.
Do NOT use both!
- Make sure the
Xcode Archive & Export for iOSStep is in your workflow.
Select method for exportinput of the Step to
You can use other export methods, too, but if you only deploy to Bitrise and want to install your app on the specified devices of internal testers,
Make sure the
Deploy to Bitrise.ioStep is in your workflow.
By default, the value of the
Enable public page for the App?input is set to
true. This way, once the build runs, a public install page will be available with a long and random URL which can be shared with others who are not registered on Bitrise. This URL is sent to the users in an email. The
Notify: User Rolesand the
Notify: Emailsinputs determine which users get the email.
- Start a build.
- When the build is finished, go to the app’s
Buildspage and click the latest build.
APPS & ARTIFACTStab to find your .ipa file.
You can also find the public install URL here.
And that’s it! The file can now be installed on all the devices included in the app’s provisioning profile.