Connect your Apple Developer Portal account to Bitrise by authenticating your Apple credentials on Bitrise, and allow your apps to use those credentials during the builds.
You can go to your account settings right now to set it up: Apple Developer Connection.
Reasons to connect your account ⚓
Connect your Apple Developer account to Bitrise if:
- You want to use our iOS Auto Provision Step to manage provisioning profiles for an iOS application.
- You want to upload your app to the App Store, using either our fastlane or Deploy to iTunes Connect Steps.
- You want to upload metadata, screenshots, or other artifacts using our fastlane Step.
The above Steps all require two-factor authentication (2FA), which is mandatory for all Apple Developer accounts. If, during your build, Bitrise needs to access your Apple Developer Portal account, it will have to go through 2FA.
Connecting your Apple Developer account allows Bitrise to reuse your authentication sessions for 30 days so you do not have to manually go through 2FA on every single occasion.
Connecting your account ⚓
To successfully connect your Apple Developer account, and use your Apple Developer credentials in your Bitrise builds, you need to do TWO things:
- Authenticate your Apple Developer account by providing your Apple credentials on your Account settings page.
- Authorize apps to use the data from your Apple Developer account.
Authenticating your Apple Developer account ⚓
- Log in to bitrise.io.
Click on your profile in the upper-right corner of your Dashboard and select Account settings from the dropdown menu.
- On the menu bar on the left, select Apple Developer Account.
Provide your credentials in the popup window and click Store credentials.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled on your Apple Developer account, you will be prompted to provide your verification code. In this case, your authentication will expire in 30 days and you will have to authenticate again!
Enabling Apple Developer Portal integration ⚓
Authorize your app to receive Apple Developer Portal data from Bitrise once your Apple Developer Account is connected to your bitrise.io account.
As such, any team member’s connected account can be used with an app. The app does NOT necessarily have to use the owner’s connected Apple Developer account.
To authorize the app:
- Open your project’s page on bitrise.io.
- Select the Team tab.
Scroll down to the Connected Apple Developer Portal Account section.
- Select the account you want to use from the dropdown menu.
- Test the connection to make sure it works.
If everything goes well, you should be able to use the connected accounts’ Apple Developer credentials in the app’s builds.