Two-factor authentication (2FA) is mandatory for all Apple Developer Portal accounts. If, during your build, Bitrise needs to access your Apple Developer Portal account, it will have to go through 2FA.
To make this work, connect your Apple Developer Account to Bitrise. That allows Bitrise to reuse your authentication sessions for 30 days so you do not have to manually go through 2FA on every single occasion.
Connect your Apple Developer account to Bitrise if:
- You want to use our
iOS Auto ProvisionStep to manage provisioning profiles for an iOS application.
- You want to upload your app to the App Store, using either our
Deploy to iTunes ConnectSteps.
- You want to upload metadata, screenshots, or other artifacts using our
Authenticating your Apple Developer Account on Bitrise ⚓
- Log in to bitrise.io.
Click on your profile in the upper-right corner of your
Account settingsfrom the dropdown menu.
- On the menu bar on the left, select
Apple Developer Account.
Provide your credentials in the popup window and click
- If two-factor authentication is enabled on your Apple Developer account, you will be prompted to provide your verification code. In this case, your authentication will expire in 30 days - Bitrise will prompt you before that happens!
Enabling Apple Developer Portal integration ⚓
You can authorize your project to receive Apple Developer Portal data from Bitrise once your Apple Developer Account is connected to your bitrise.io account.
- Open your project’s page on bitrise.io.
- Select the
- Select your account in the
Connected Apple Developer Portal Accountmenu at the bottom of the page.