Bitrise is a Continuous Integration
and Delivery (CI/CD) Platform as a Service (PaaS)
with a main focus on mobile app development (
Xamarin, …). It is a collection of tools and services to help you with the development and automation of your software projects.
Automate the testing and deployment of your apps with just a few clicks.
Run your builds on bitrise.io ⚓
- Run builds of your app on Bitrise by defining a
Workflowconsists of one or more build
Steps(open source git repositories which can be executed with the open source Bitrise CLI).
- Create and share your own build Steps.
- Define more workflows for the same app, and define triggers to specify which workflow should be selected for each trigger.
The steps can do anything that can be implemented by command line scripts and/or programs:
- send emails,
- send text messages,
- pass values to each other,
- create Xcode archives,
- gather system information about the Virtual Machine running the build,
- notify other users (for example, on Slack)
- even publish to iTunes Connect, and many more.
When you trigger a build a Virtual Machine is assigned to host, your build and your defined Workflow (series of build Steps) will be executed, step by step.
After a build is finished the Virtual Machine is destroyed and you can browse the logs of every step that ran during the workflow. You can read more at Code Security.
The VMs are equipped with all the necessary tools required to build your app. Bitrise automatically detects which Stack - virtual machine type - is appropriate for your app but of course you can change it manually at any time.
Bitrise CLI - the open source, offline, automation runner ⚓
It’s a great help when you’re developing Steps, debugging builds, or just want to use Bitrise for any kind of automation on your machines.
You can find more information about the offline runner in the Bitrise CLI and bitrise.yml section of the DevCenter.