You can test an Android app on a test device even if the generated artifact is an App Bundle (
.aab). With the Export Universal APK Step you can export a universal APK from the App Bundle, sign it with a keystore (or debug keystore), and deploy the APK to your test device before releasing the app to the Google Play Store.
Configuring the Step ⚓
Configuring this Step is super simple:
- Insert the Export Universal APK Step after the Android Build Step in your Workflow.
- The Android App Bundle path input field is automatically filled out by the output of the previous build Step.
- The Keystore URL is automatically filled out based on the uploaded keystore file on the Code Signing tab.
- If you have already uploaded a keystore file to the Code Signing tab, the Keystore alias, Keystore password, and Private key password inputs are already populated with secret Environment Variables.
- You can override the default Bundletool version if you need a specific one but make sure you use the correct version.
- Run your Workflow.
The Export Universal APK Step exports the APK to the
$BITRISE_APK_PATH Environment Variable which the next Steps can pick up, or the Ship add-on if the Deploy to Bitrise.io Step is included in your Workflow.