Before you start ⚓
Before connecting SAML SSO to your Organization, make sure:
- An Auth0 administrator who is logged into Auth0 is at hand.
- Your account on Bitrise has an Org with Org Elite or Velocity plan. If it doesn’t have an Org, go ahead and create one. Setting up SAML SSO is the same for existing and brand new Orgs on Bitrise.
- As with other Org management actions, only the Org owner can set up SAML SSO to a Bitrise Org.
Navigating to the Single Sign-On page of Bitrise ⚓
If you are an Org owner on Bitrise, you will have to use the Single Sign-On tab to set up a SAML SSO connection between your SAML SSO provider and your Bitrise Org.
- On your Bitrise Dashboard click your avatar, then click Account settings in the dropdown.
- The Overview page displays all the Orgs you’re a member of. Select the Org where you wish to set up the SAML SSO connection.
- On the left menu bar, click the Single Sign-On which will take you to the Enable Single Sign-On page.
- Continue with Setting up SAML SSO connection between Auth0 and Bitrise.
Setting up SAML SSO connection between Auth0 and Bitrise ⚓
You first create a regular web application for Bitrise on Auth0, enable it, then you have to retrieve app specific SAML SSO connection data from Auth0.
Creating Bitrise as a web application on Auth0 ⚓
- Log into Auth0 as an admin.
- Click Applications on the left menu bar then click the + Create Application button on the right hand side of the Applications page.
- On the Create application window, type Bitrise in the Name field. In the Choose application type select Regular Web Applications, and click the Create button.
- You are landing on your newly created Bitrise app’s Quick Start page. Click the Addons tab. Toggle the SAML2 WEB APP’s switch to the right. This will take to to the Addon: SAML2 WEB APP page automatically.
- Copy the Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) from Bitrise and paste it into the Application Callback URL field on the Settings tab of the Addon: SAML2 WEB APP page. Scroll down to the bottom of the Addon: SAML2 WEB APP page and hit ENABLE.
- Go back to the Addons page where you can see the switch turned on.
- Continue with retrieving SAML SSO information from Auth0 to populate the required fields on the Single Sign On page of Bitrise.
Retrieving SAML SSO information from Auth0 ⚓
Once you have enabled Bitrise as a web application on Auth0, it’s time to grab the certificate and the Identity provider’s unique login URL to finish up the SAML configuration on Bitrise.
- Go to Application, then select the Addons tab to find your enabled Bitrise app.
Click the SAML2 WEB APP web app and select the Usage tab. Click on the Download Auth0 certificate link next to the Identity Provider Certificate label. Open the downloaded certificate file and copy its content into the SAML SSO provider certificate field of Bitrise or upload the file itself from your local computer. Go back to Auth0 and copy paste the Identity Provider Login URL into Bitrise’s SAML SSO provider Single Sign-On URL (SSO URL).
- Click Configure SSO button on Bitrise.
- Now you can close the dialog on Auth0.
SAML SSO is now set up on your Bitrise Organization.
What’s next? ⚓
Learn how you can log into your Org now that SAML SSO is set up.
You might wan to check out Org member’s SAML SSO statuses once the connection is up.
You might want to enforce SAML SSO login to the Org once all Org members have authorized their SAML SSO connection to the Org.
Disabling SAML SSO is very simple - learn how.
Organization members can log into or sign up to Bitrise using their own SAML SSO provider's system. With SAML SSO, Organizations will be able to apply the security guidelines of...
Learn how to set up Bitrise as a SAML SSO app on Google, enable SAML SSO and enforce it on your Bitrise Organization.