This guide provides step-by-step instructions on setting up Bitrise as a SAML application on OneLogin.
Before you start ⚓
Before connecting SAML SSO to your Workspace, make sure:
- The administrator to OneLogin is at hand while setting up SAML SSO connection on Bitrise.
- As with other Workspace management actions, only the Workspace owner can set up SAML SSO to a Bitrise Workspace.
- Your account on Bitrise has a Workspace with Enterprise Build or Velocity plan. If it doesn’t have a Workspace, go ahead and create one. Setting up SAML SSO is the same for existing and brand new Workspaces on Bitrise.
Navigating to Single Sign On page of Bitrise ⚓
If you are a Workspace owner on Bitrise, you will have to use the Single Sign-On tab to set up a SAML SSO connection between your SAML SSO provider and your Bitrise Workspace.
- On your Bitrise Dashboard click your avatar, then click Account settings in the dropdown.
- The Overview page displays all the Workspaces you’re a member of. Select the Workspace where you wish to set up the SAML SSO connection.
- On the left menu bar, click the Single Sign-On which will take you to the Enable Single Sign-On page.
- Continue with Configuring Bitrise on OneLogin.
Configuring Bitrise on OneLogin ⚓
- Log into OneLogin as an Administrator.
Click Administration on the top bar.
Select Applications and click Add App. This will take you to the Find Applications page.
Bitrisein the search bar and select the SAML2.0 type from the search results.
Click the Configuration tab on the left sidebar. You can change the icon and add descriptions if you wish. Make sure Organization (Bitrise) is ticked. Hit Save.
Click the Configuration tab again and paste the Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) from your Bitrise Workspace’s Single Sign-On tab to the Single Sign-On URL field on OneLogin. Hit Save in OneLogin.
- Select SSO on the left sidebar.
- Click the View details for the X.509 Certificate. Copy the content of the X.509 Certificate and paste it to the SAML SSO provider certificate field on the Enable Single Sign-On page of Bitrise.
- Go back to the SSO page on OneLogin and copy the SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP) link. Paste it in the SAML SSO provider Single Sign-On URL (SSO URL) field on Bitrise.
- Go back to Bitrise and click Configure SSO.
If you’ve completed setting up Bitrise on OneLogin and connected it with your Bitrise Workspace, then all Workspace members will get an email from Bitrise which contains a link to activate their SSO connection to the Bitrise Workspace.
Enabling SAML SSO on Bitrise ⚓
All Workspace members (including the Workspace owner) must enable their SAML SSO connection to their Bitrise Workspace to use SAML SSO as a secure login method. Only once that’s done, can the Workspace owner enforce SAML SSO as the single gateway to the Workspace.
- Find the email from email@example.com in your inbox.
- Click Sign in via SSO or open the URL in a new tab of the same browser where you are logged in.
- On the Almost there page you can edit your username. Click Finish Sign Up.
You should be landing on the Welcome page of Bitrise. Click Dashboard to land on your Workspace’s dashboard. If you go to your Workspace’s Groups tab, you can see that you are automatically added as a SAML user. All Workspace members, who enable SAML SSO, appear here automatically. From now on you can log into your Bitrise Workspace with SAML SSO.
What’s next? ⚓
You can track how other Workspace members are getting on with enabling their SAML SSO to Bitrise. This is important since the Workspace owner can only enforce SAML SSO on the Workspace if all Workspace members have enabled SAML.
Workspace members can log into or sign up to Bitrise using their own SAML SSO provider's system. With SAML SSO, Workspaces will be able to apply the security guidelines of...