This guide provides step-by-step instructions on setting up Bitrise as a SAML SSO application in Ping Identity.
- A PingOne administrator who is logged into PingOne.
- A Bitrise Workspace owner who is logged into their Bitrise Workspace.
- The Bitrise Workspace must have a Velocity subscription.
Adding Bitrise to Ping Identity ⚓
- Click APPLICATIONS on the top bar of PingOne.
On My Applications tab, make sure SAML is selected. Click the Add Application drop-down and select New SAML Application.
At Application Details, fill out the required fields and click Continue to Next Step.
- At Application Configuration, leave the I have the SAML configuration selected. Fill out the following:
- Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) field: Insert the Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) link here from your Bitrise Workspace’s Single Sign-On tab.
- Entity ID field: Type
Signing: Click the Sign Response option.
Here is an overview of the above settings:
- Continue to the next step.
- At SSO Attribute Mapping, you don’t have to change anything, proceed to the next step.
At Group Access, add the group(s) to your application. These groups will be able to access Bitrise through SAML SSO. Continue to the next step.
- At the Review Setup page, you can doublecheck the details you provided in the previous steps. Make sure you download the following files from this review page:
Click Download to get the Signing Certificate and SAML Metadata files.
- Click Finish.
- Let’s open the two files.
- Copy the entire content of the SAML Metadata file and paste it in the SAML SSO provider certificate field of your Bitrise Single Sign-On page.
- Open the Signing Certificate file and copy the
SingleSignOnService Locationlink and paste it in the SAML SSO provider Single Sign-On URL (SSO URL) field on Bitrise.
- Click Configure SSO on Bitrise.
Now you have set up SAML SSO on your Bitrise Workspace. All there is left to do is enable it.
Enabling SAML SSO ⚓
Once the Workspace owner has set up the connection between the SAML SSO provider and the Workspace, Bitrise sends an email to all Workspace members.
- Make sure you’re logged into Bitrise in the usual way. Use the same browser window to continue.
- Find the email from Bitrise (email@example.com). You can click the Sign In via SSO button or copy-paste the URL to a NEW TAB of the same browser.
- Click Authorize.
You should be landing on the Workspace’s Dashboard. From now on, you can use the Log in via SSO function to access your Workspace on Bitrise.
You can check which Workspace member has switched from the usual login flow to the SAML SSO one if you check their statuses on the People page. Once all in, you can enforce SAML SSO as the only gateway to the Workspace.
It can happen that you need to transfer an Application on Bitrise to another User or to a Workspace. This can be done in a few seconds via a few...
Workspaces are used to seamlessly manage bigger teams and members inside a company. It is a place to gather all the people working on each of your company's apps and...
Once you have your app set up, you can start inviting team members! You can select multiple roles for the new members, like: admin, developer, and qa/tester. Different roles have...