You can set up webhooks so that Bitrise automatically triggers a build of your app whenever you perform a specified action, such as a code push or a pull request. For Visual Studio, all you have to do is register your
bitrise-webhooks URL for
a visualstudio.com project as a Service Hooks integration.
Get the webhook URL for Visual Studio ⚓
- Go to the Code tab of your app’s page and in the INCOMING WEBHOOKS menu, click SETUP MANUALLY.
Select Visual Studio Online / Visual Studio Team Services from the dropdown menu.
- Copy the webhook URL for the selected service.
Set up webhook on Visual Studio ⚓
- Open your project on visualstudio.com.
- Go to the Admin/Control pane of the project.
Select Service Hooks.
- Click Create subscription.
- Create a service integration:
In the Service list select the Web Hooks option.
Select the Code pushed event as the Trigger.
- In the Filters section select the Repository you want to integrate.
- You can leave the other filters on default.
- Click Next.
On the Action setup form enter the
.../h/visualstudio/BITRISE-APP-SLUG/BITRISE-APP-API-TOKEN) in the URL field. You can leave every other option on default.
- Click Finish.
That’s all! The next time you push code or push a new tag a build will be triggered (if you have Trigger mapping defined for the event(s) on Bitrise).