You can cancel running builds or builds on hold - no need to abort them manually! If you turn on the Rolling Builds feature, the previous builds of your app can be automatically aborted once a new one is started.
Please note that manual and scheduled builds are also cancelled if you start a new build with the Rolling builds option enabled.
You can also set which types of triggered builds you wish to abort. Let’s see how!
- Open your Dashboard and select your app.
- Select the Settings tab from the menubar.
- Scroll down to the ENABLE ROLLING BUILDS option and toggle it.
Select the type(s) of builds you wish to abort when a new build is started.
- Pull Requests: will cancel all previous builds for Pull Requests and all related Pushes.
- Pushes: will cancel all previous builds for Pushes to the same branch.
- Running builds: will also auto-cancel running builds in addition to on-hold ones.
All done! From now on, you don’t have to wait for a triggered build to finish if you do not need it!
You can trigger and abort builds with the Bitrise API. Define parameters for the build: for example, branch, tag or git commit to use. Custom environment variables can be defined...
Both incoming and outgoing webhooks can be set up with the Bitrise API. They are important for automatic build triggering and the reporting of build events to other services.
You can schedule your builds to run automatically at a specific time of the week so that you can check your logs when it's most convenient for you.