Manage your code signing files on bitrise.io. You can use iOS automatic provisioning to automatically download or generate the required provisioning profiles for your project.
With automatic provisioning, the iOS Auto Provision Step will manage the Provisioning Profiles. You only have to upload the .p12 certificate files manually to bitrise.io.
Before you start ⚓
Before setting up automatic provisioning in your workflow, make sure that:
- You collected the required files with codesigndoc. You can also upload the distribution and development certificates with the tool!
- You have at least Admin role in the developer portal team.
- your Apple Developer account is connected to bitrise.io.
- Apple Developer Portal integration to your Bitrise project is enabled.
Once you are ready, proceed to uploading your files and setting up your workflow.
Configuring iOS auto provisioning ⚓
- Open your app on your Dashboard.
- Select the Workflow Editor tab.
- Select the Code Signing tab.
Make sure you have the .p12 certificate files uploaded. If not, add the .p12 files in the Add the private key (.p12) for signing field. Make sure you upload the correct certificate type: for example, to release your app to the App Store, you need a Distribution certificate.
For a MacOS app, the provisioning profile file extension is
.provisionprofile; for an iOS app, the file extension is
Make sure that you do NOT have the Certificate and profile installer Step in your Workflow.
There is no need to have both and it might cause unforeseen issues.
Add the iOS Auto Provision Step to your app’s Workflow. You can check it on the Workflow tab of the Workflow Editor.
Please note that this step must come AFTER any dependency installer Step in your Workflow, such as Run CocoaPods install or Carthage. Make sure that you do NOT modify your Xcode project between the iOS Auto Provision and the Xcode Archive & Export for iOS Steps. For example, do not change the bundle ID after the iOS Auto Provision Step.
- Fill the required inputs of the step:
- The Developer Portal team id - find this on the Membership Details page of your Apple Developer Portal account
- Distribution type - make sure its value matches the value of the Select method for export input in the Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step. Read more about archiving and exporting an .ipa in our Creating a signed .ipa for Xcode projects guide.
- Scheme - you can restrict which targets to process.
Optionally, you can set one more input if you use the Automatically manage signing option in Xcode: if the input marked with Should the step try to generate Provisioning Profiles even if Xcode managed signing is enabled in the Xcode project? is set to
true then the Step will try to generate a profile. If you use manual code signing in Xcode, this input has no effect.
codesigndoc does not pick up one or more distribution .p12 files, you can export those manually from the Keychain Access app, just like you would when you transfer these files between Macs.
You can upload, update, list, and delete iOS code signing files with the relevant Bitrise API. In this guide we show you how and in what order to use those...
You can manually specify the code signing configuration in your Gradle configuration so that your app gets signed during the build process.
You can create a signed APK using the Android Sign Step in your Bitrise workflow. This Step is configured to run if you have already uploaded your keystore file to...