You can authenticate yourself with your GitHub, Bitbucket or GitLab user against Bitrise. It brings some practical benefits, like logging in with one click and of course you won’t have to authorize your Git account when adding repositories hosted by these providers again. You can of course sign up to Bitrise using your email address as well, and log in through your user credentials.
Signing up with a Git provider ⚓
- Go to our Sign up page.
Select a git provider to authenticate yourself with selected service.
Authorizing Bitrise with a Git provider ⚓
You have to authorize Bitrise before we can establish the connection. This means you give permission to Bitrise to access (read) your repositories.
If you press the Authorize application button on GitHub, you will be redirected to Bitrise.
If you press the Grant access button on Bitbucket, you will be redirected to Bitrise.
If you press the Authorize button on Gitlab, you will be redirected to Bitrise.
Finishing signup ⚓
You will have to pick a username and a password for your Bitrise account. This way you are free from relying on the given service’s availability, and you are also able to connect more accounts. Last, but not least, you don’t have to stick to your connected account’s username.
Pick a username and a password for your Bitrise account on the You are almost there page.
Please note that you must provide a strong password which fulfills these requirements:
- It should have at least 12 characters.
- At least one upper case character.
- At least one lower case character.
- At least one number.
- Can not contain the same character more than 3 times in a row (aaa).
- Cannot be alphabetical order or reverse order (abcd, dcba).
- Cannot be numerical order or reverse order (1234, 4321).
On the Help us help you page add your first name, last name, your company name and a few more details if you wish. You can also add those later.
After that, you are ready to roll. Add your first app on your Dashboard!
From now on, you are able to log in with a click of a button. Choose your favorite!
Signing up with email ⚓
You can easily sign up to Bitrise in one step with your email address.
- Add your email address, username, password and on our Sign Up page.
- Click the Sign up with Email button.
Check your inbox for our Confirmation Instructions.
If you haven’t received a confirmation email from us, click the Resend confirmation email button.
Click the Confirm My Account button or copy the URL provided in the email. It will take you to Help us help you page.
- On the Help us help you, page add your first name, last name, your company name and a few more details if you wish. You can also add those later.
- Click Done. You will be directed to your Bitrise Dashboard.
Now you can go ahead and add your first app to your Dashboard.
Signing up with SSO ⚓
You can sign up to Bitrise and join a Bitrise Organization using the Organization’s SAML SSO.
Now let’s see how to sign up to Bitrise.
- Go to our Sign up page.
Click the Sign up with SSO button.
You are directed to the Initiate Single Sign-On page.
- Provide the Bitrise Organization’s Name that you got from the Bitrise Organization owner and click Continue with SSO so that Bitrise can direct you to Organization’s connected SAML SSO provider.
- Provide your credentials associated with your SAML SSO account.
On the Almost there page the Email field is automatically populated based on your registered email address at your SAML SSO account. You can alter the provided Username as you wish.
- Click Finish Sign Up.
- Check your mailbox and follow the instructions sent by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’re directed to the Help us help you page where you can share some more details with us or add those later.
If all went well, you’re landed on your Bitrise Dashboard where you can view the Organization’s apps! If you go to your Account Settings, you will see the Organization you’ve just joined.
To take full advantage of all the features Bitrise offers, including automatic webhook registration, you need to connect your GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket account to your Bitrise account.