There are multiple ways of downloading or replacing project resources. We’ll go through the following examples:
- Using the ZIP resource archive downloader Step for downloading and extracting a ZIP file.
- Using the File Downloader Step to download a single file.
- using a Script Step.
Using the ZIP resource archive downloader Step ⚓
If you have your resources on your server in a zip archive, it’s very simple to download it:
- Add the ZIP resource archive downloader Step to your Workflow.
- Specify the URL of the ZIP and the destination where the zip’s content should be uncompressed.
The source code of your app will be (by default) downloaded into the folder defined in the
$BITRISE_SOURCE_DIR Env Var.
You can also place the content of your ZIP archive into a specific folder within your app’s source code directory. Just define the destination folder of the ZIP resource archive downloader Step like this:
Using the File Downloader Step ⚓
If you only want to download a single file, use the File Downloader Step.
- Add the File Downloader Step to your Workflow.
Specify the URL of the file and the destination where the file should be downloaded to.
- file-downloader: inputs: - source: $BITRISEIO_my_file_id_URL - destination: "$BITRISE_SOURCE_DIR/path/to/store/the/file"
Using a Script Step ⚓
If you want to control the whole download process, you can use the Script Step and write your own download code. For example:
#!/bin/bash set -ex # Download your resource curl -fo "download/path" "https://url/of/your/resource" # Uncompress it unzip -u "download/path" -d "uncompress/target/path"
If you’d need an additional tool to download or uncompress the resources file, please read our Install Any Additional Tool_ guide.